Panasonic 3PL Transportation Brokerage Representative
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Panasonic, a global leader in technology and innovation, is building a 3PL Over the Road Brokerage to maximize our supply chain operations. We are looking to add highly motivated 3PL Transportation Brokerage Representatives to our team that are driven by excellence and solution focused. The 3PL OTR Transportation Brokerage Representative’s primary function is to assist in developing the in-house operations and transportation brokerage. The position includes building carrier relationships, finding daily capacity through technology such as carrier portals, personal relationships, load boards, pricing shipments competitively in the marketplace to secure customer orders and monitoring loads from inception until delivery. It also includes establishing and maintaining professional relationships with assigned clients on behalf of the company by taking personal and complete responsibility and ownership for each
client contact. The employee must have competence in the transportation industry, marketplace, and general logistics operations.The position requires excellent understanding of the transportation/trucking industry along with a high level of technology skills as well as tact, sensitivity, professionalism and enthusiasm to
work in a fast paced work environment. This Position is to work on-site.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Identify prospects utilizing lead sourcing tools, web search engines, personal networking, industry publications, etc.
- Must be willing to cold call, sell, assist in closing business as required for the position
- Utilize research skills to prepare for sales calls and identify decision makers
- You are a problem solver. You have the ability to identify customer problems, address the situation and provide a solution
- Maintain and develop relationships with prospect and existing customer accounts
- Develop strong service offerings that will drive customer growth, satisfaction, and profitability
- Ensure all administrative requirements are managed in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate and support the network to ensure excellent customer experience and overall growth
- Collaborate with sales representatives to come up with the best approaches for quoting a customer or handling a project, move, or problem
- Ensure that the pricing and purchasing discipline is developed and exercised
- Monitor sales, margins, and profit projections, results, and trends closely
- Communicate with management and staff on needs, strategies, and critical information
- Work collaboratively with management and sales personnel in the development of pricing structures, quoting, and procedures focused on obtaining and retaining customers
- Possess excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to learn, navigate and work efficiently using Excel, Microsoft, WMS, TMS software
- Outgoing and forward-thinking mindset
- Great organizational skills
- Able to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to communicate and provide great customer service.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years related logistics sales experience or equivalent is required
- A college degree preferred, but not required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $48,500 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!