Date: 21 Jul 2023
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
|The position is responsible for working closely with the Director Leasing to market new properties and manage existing ones in order to maximize the leasing opportunities and meet the corporate revenue targets.
|Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the Leasing Team in implementing Leasing Objectives. These objectives will outline the amount of space to be leased, the time frame required to lease and the target rental rate to be achieved, appropriate merchandise mix compatibility and presentations.
- Create entries for Lease deals in the Data Capture System based on the input received from the Leasing Team in SMBU.
- Prepare the draft and final Proposals, Lease Agreements, Amendments and Deeds to be checked by the appropriate personnel for accuracy and ensure that the same is in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed at the time of closing lease deal and send the same to the client.
- Review the final acceptance from the client on the Lease Agreement document to ensure that there is no ambiguity in the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the formal lease agreement and that there is complete clarity between the Company & the tenant’s commitment with regards to the agreement.
- Collect all pertinent and valid legal documents from the tenant such as Trade license, Commercial Registration, Insurance Certificate, Owner’s passport copies etc., to ensure the legality of the tenant.
- Organize the payment documents and forward them to the client along with the Lease Agreement to receive the payment along with the signed agreement signifying the acceptance of the client.
- Responsible for all correspondences between Company and tenants and all follow-up operations required during the course of the process, until the final Lease agreement is signed.
- Maintain positive and harmonious relationship with clients / tenants regarding all lease proposals / agreements and ensuring that all concerns and inquiries are resolved on a timely manner.
- Provide all necessary data / reports to Leasing Team.
- Maintain accurate filing of all Lease deal related information and agreement (both physical and on system e.g. Yardi / MRI and/or SharePoint etc.) to enable the team to refer to rent collection / renewal / extension etc., as well as to serve as a point of reference in case of any litigation.
- Prepare leasing reports and the status of each negotiation held with tenants.
- Ability to manage ongoing beneficial relationship with current and potential tenants, ensure enquiries are handled promptly and arrange site visits for potential tenants.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across the company and ensure that it is adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
|Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ work experience in managing Business / Lease Administration and Documentation activities preferably in a reputed Retail / Real Estate companies in GCC.
Apply now »