Job ID 29784
Offered Salary 3377
Career Level Officer
Experience 6 Years
AREA OF INTERESTEngineer – Software
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it is a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right abilities to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Enterprise Data Platform team is part of Cisco’s Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO) organization. The team powers the enterprise level data stack across data warehouse, data lake, tools, and governance / quality platforms. This team also shapes, develops, and implements the long-term platform architecture strategy and roadmap, to support the ever-growing Data and Analytics needs of Cisco’s business functions.
What You’ll Do
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Data Analyst position to join the Enterprise Data Platform team. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for analyzing and being a SME for one distinct capability area within the data and analytics office, owning the end-to-end data strategy and delivery of those activities for migrating data from Teradata to Google Cloud platform.
- Work with technology organization and business end-users to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Emerge as a single point (SME) of Finance data domain for business data needs, promoting analytics-driven products offerings, for innovating and scaling critical business priorities.
- Take part in design, build, and test for all facets of Data Products, (federated data, pipelines, transformations, publish & visualizations) following an Agile methodology
- Design, build, own and publish agile Data Products that are discoverable, addressable, trustworthy, self-describing, inter-operable and secure
- Use data visualization programs, SQL tools and techniques to analyse data from Google’s Big Query and PostgreSQL databases, generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling, understanding and interpretation of trends and patterns of business importance
- Build an integrated and foundational data and analytics engine (SSOT) with shared multi-tenant data platforms, across Cisco’s ecosystem
- Maintain trusted secure enterprise data sets, with governed data discovery, fine grained access and pipelines.
- Provide actionable data insights and expertise across the Enterprise
- Be a partner with the organization’s effort to develop and improve operations through efficient and effective integrated processes, implementing common management processes/services to leverage organization resources.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Enterprise Data Platform team within Cisco’s Chief Data and Analytics Organization (CDAO) organization. In CDAO, you will collaborate with colleagues from Data engineering, Data Governance, Data Architecture and Modelling, and Data Products. In addition, you will liaison and work with partners outside such as Business architecture and Solutions team, Enterprise Infrastructure, and Security, among others. Finally, you will work and manage third party platform and solution providers.
Who You Are
We are seeking a hardworking, experienced, and a self-motivated technology leader who has a real passion for technology. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, can influence within and outside the organization, and drive tangible impact.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- Dynamic individual with 5+ years of progressive experience in Data & Analytics or Finance field
- Strong SQL knowledge to analyse and audit the data from Google’s Big Query and PostgreSQL databases
- Exposure to data warehouse and/or data migration. Experience with public cloud providers such as Google (GCP) and Amazon (AWS) is a BIG plus.
- Working knowledge with data lifecycle journey in Finance, Sales and service data domain would a great value
- Familiarity with data storage, big data processing and modelling techniques
- Experience in being part of a geographically distributed software engineering organization comprising multiple teams
- Technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers and scientists
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.