Job ID 27317
Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Drilling Operations is currently seeking a Drilling Foreman to join the Drilling and Workover Department. Drilling foreman will have direct field responsibility of onshore and/or offshore for the execution of drilling, completion or workover of wells located anywhere in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its territorial waters as specified in the well drilling or workover program.
Drilling foreman will take the lead in verifying and approving all rig operations programs, to ensure operations are conducted in a safe and cost-effective manner. Also, will coordinate with other functions within the group to ensure that all critical safety related equipment and verification activities are actioned as necessary, and provide direction and manage technical and feasibility studies, procedure and specification development and operational priorities (daily), as well as leading task teams during critical or emergency situations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee all operations performed on Saudi Aramco wells on a 24-hour per day, 14/7 or 28/28 work schedule.
- Make recommendations on alternative methods or equipment when unusual situations are encountered.
- Coordinate deliveries of materials to the well to ensure it is available when required.
- Ensure the contractor meets all requirements of his contract.
- Work with Drilling and Workover engineers to see that modern drilling practices are followed.
- Approve contractor daily tour reports.
- Ensure that contractor rigs and equipment are properly maintained to avoid downtime.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by the superintendent.
- Ensure that Saudi Aramco Blowout Prevention Standards are met in all respects including equipment configuration, testing and crew response.
- Assure that rig and personnel comply with Saudi Aramco established safety standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- Seven (7) years of experience working in drilling and workover operations including adequate supervisory experience on a drilling or workover rig.
- High School degree
- Thirteen (13) years of relevant experience in drilling and workover operations including supervisory experience generally acquired by progression on Drilling or workover rig.
- Sufficient experience on a drilling rig progressing through the ranks up to drilling foreman.
- Leadership and ability to supervise drilling and completion operations of both oil or gas horizontal wells in a safe and efficient manner while following a defined drilling program.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.