With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Duty Engineer manages the maintenance and repair of the hotel buildings, grounds and contents in a cost-effective manner, ensuring the efficient and safe operation of all plant and equipment. This role is concerned with assisting in the supervision of all repair, maintenance and new installations, ensuring the safety operations in the hotel. He / she effectively communicates and solves the questions guests encountered.
What will I be doing?
As the Duty Engineer, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Set and maintain service standards for work to drive staff to achieve common goals.
• Assign tasks according to the instructions of the Chief Engineer, follow-up with and guiding the completion of tasks, ensuring good handover between teams to ensure smooth workflow.
• Regularly check the operation of the machine room, related systems and equipment, and give timely feedback.
• Advise on equipment and operating procedures in terms of energy efficiency.
• Responsible for the administrative work within the team, keeping records of employee attendance and daily performance, recording and filing the maintenance policies involved in the shift.
• Manage the system’s materials, staff borrowing tools as well as the registration and storage system of receiving materials.
• Coordinate the work schedule of the Contractor according to the maintenance plan.
• Supervise and inspect the safe operation of equipment in all departments and prevent violations.
• Responsible for training employees to improve working skills, enabling them to work with maximum efficiency.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations with employees, guiding and training employees to be competent for higher positions.
• Responsible for making suggestions for handling employees’ mistakes.
• Ensure that energy management plans are closely monitored and effectively implemented (gas, water, electricity and diesel).
• Ensure the execution and implementation of emergency procedures, coordinating with engineering procedures for other incidents.
• Perform any other reasonable duties and duties as assigned.
• The department reserves the right to change or supplement the job description if necessary.
What are we looking for?
A Duty Engineer serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• At least 3 years of working experience in the same position or 5 years of supervisory experience in a 4 / 5-star hotel.
• Proficient in English to meet business needs.
• Knowledgeable of hotel electrical and mechanical knowledge.
• Familiar with hotel engineering equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Strong communication and coordination skills.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!