Job ID 30469
Offered Salary 3742
Career Level Executive
Experience 4 Years
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Operational Excellence & Compliance Division within Drilling and Workover (D&WO) is seeking an occupant that will lead the planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining of all environmental activities within his or her organization including industrial hygiene, environmental health, radiation protection, marine biology, water treatment, ambient air quality protection, meteorology, oceanography, solid and hazardous waste management, groundwater and wastewater monitoring, surface water hydrology, water conservation, environmental law, environmental compliance, environmental awareness, etc. to ensure compliance with government and corporate environmental regulations and standards. When applicable (organization with Radiation Practice License), the candidate will also act as the focal point for management of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements the corporate environmental policy and monitors compliance, whilst staying current with all applicable Company and National environmental regulations, standards, procedures, and guidelines as well as all Saudi Aramco environmental, environmental health and industrial hygiene programs. This includes the supervision and coordination of local surveys and sampling, the interpretation of measurement results, and reviewing (and commenting) environmental aspects of contract documents as well as monitoring the environmental performance of contractor operations.
- Responds to concerns and requests for information from EPD, and obtains technical advice from EPD as needed. Provides regular input to management on KPIs and other indicators used to monitor environmental and health performance. Recognizes the process and techniques used to identify, analyze and manage environmental risks as a result of business operations.
- Organizes and participates in major surveys such as Environmental Performance Assessments (EPAs), Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) surveys, Occupational Health Hazard Assessments (OHHAs), HAZCOM Assessments, Chemical Handling Assessments, Waste Management Compliance Audits, and Environmental Health surveys. Actively seeks to resolve any findings from these surveys. Provides follow-up information and updates reports to EPD as required.
- Coordinates all EMS-related activities within the organization as appropriate, including the development of environmental objectives and indicators, tracking of performance and costs, and record-keeping and reporting functions.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Environment or in Chemistry, Biology, civil engineering with Environment related experience or MSc in Environment
- Over 10 years in Oil and Gas industry environment related experience.
- Experience in handling projects/tasks related to waste management, water conservation, energy efficiency.
- EMS ISO:14001 certificated or Experience in leading/conduction EMS audits & other environment related audits
- Proficiency in English (Read and write)
- Proficiency in preparing & presenting environmental reports and presentations.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.