Job ID 32716
Offered Salary 4147
Career Level Executive
Experience 4 Years
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada’s guiding brand principles – Flight Path – puts the customer at the centre of everything we do. A welcoming, thoughtfully designed, and loyalty-building customer experience, supported by glowing-hearted hospitality, is critical to executing on the company’s customer-centric vision.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Product Design, Air Canada is on the lookout for a dynamic talent to join our Product team as a Ground Product Design Manager, with a focus on our revitalizing and growing portfolio of airport lounges. As a vital team member, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping, implementing, and supporting a long-term product strategy for our lounges, ensuring a seamless, engaging experience that aligns with our holistic design philosophy and delivers value for our customers.
- Collaborating in the development and maintenance of a thoughtful, scalable product strategy for all customer touchpoints throughout our lounge formats.
- Contributing to the decision-making process for lounge offerings, products, and amenities – actively participating in concept and design development, firm selection, and project management of all
- Product-related tasks associated with lounge builds or renovations.
- Managing the development of design briefs and programming requirements for lounge spaces.
- Researching latest interior design and hospitality trends, as well as managing lounge competitive benchmarking across the aviation industry.
- Managing with the development of visual merchandising instructions for successful and sustainable operationalization of lounges post-opening.
- Creating internal decks and presentations for the management of approvals and design updates.
- Managing the creation and organization of internal standards documentation and material catalogues.
- Participating in exploring and attracting meaningful partnership opportunities, assisting in setting objective review criteria to ensure selections enhance the program, meet customer needs, and contribute to the premium experience.
- Contributing to the development of data-driven business cases.
- Assisting – in collaboration with other internal and external stakeholders – with the creation of marketing and communication campaigns in support of product launches.
- Collaborating as a team member in end-to-end project management for all product, amenity, and partner implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Business Administration or Marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in interior design, architecture, marketing, product, and/or strategy management.
- Demonstrated project management experience, showing the ability to contribute to large, complex, matrixed, and multi-timeline projects.
- Exposure to partnership development and/or management.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to develop polished presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated experience working with large teams and collaborating across stakeholder groups.
- Business sense and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated creative thinking with an ability to translate consumer and brand needs into design.
- Exposure to Product development and/or Collaborations, Retail, or Hospitality is preferred.
- Developing analytical skills: the ability to contribute to reviewing, interpreting, and supporting data is preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.