Job ID 32857
Offered Salary 2851
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Job Title : ICT TECHNICIAN (INFRA SECURITY)
Reference Code : EC-2007150
QatarEnergy is an integrated national oil corporation that stands at theforefront of efforts for the long term sustainable
development,utilization and monetization of oil and gas resources in the State ofQatar. In its efforts to become one of the
best national energycompanies in the world, QatarEnergy’s activities and those of itssubsidiaries and joint ventures,
encompass the entire spectrum of theoil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally. Theyinclude the
exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale ofoil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas
liquids(NGL), gasto liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals,fertilizers, steel and aluminum. As an
integrated corporation,QatarEnergy’s activities also include marketing and sale of oil and gasand other various products.
QatarEnergy’s operations and activities areconducted at various onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and
theMesaieed and Ras Laffan Industrial Cities; and at various offshoreareas, such as offshore oilfields production stations,
drillingplatforms, Halul oil export island, and the North Field, which is thelargest single non-associated gas reservoir in the
world covering anarea of 6,000 square kilometers. The utilization of this field’s massivereserves has become a primary
national goal to continue the developmentand prosperity of the country. QatarEnergy pays the utmost attention tothe health
and safety of its employees, contractors, visitors and thelocal communities where it operates. From drilling to
construction,operations to decommissioning, QatarEnergy’s health, safety andenvironment policy forms an integral part of
the corporation’s dailybusiness and long term planning. QatarEnergy is committed to contributeto a better future by meeting
today’s economic needs, while safeguardingour environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving oninnovation
and excellence, QatarEnergy is bound to the highest levels ofsustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental
development inQatar and beyond.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
QatarEnergy is looking to recruit an IT Technician in the field of Infrastructure Security who will join a team responsible for
overall protection and preservation of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the ICT systems that supports business
operations in close coordination with system engineers and team lead.
The new member is required to operate, support, and maintain the day-to-day security operations and maintenance of
Systems & Network Security services, devices, tools & services.
The role will be an enabler to the company’s success through development and implementation of security practices that
create a secure working environment.
Experience & Skills
• Five or more years of demonstrated experience in IT security operations function.
• Good knowledge of system security operations related to endpoint security, host-based firewall, device control, application
whitelisting, proxy services for internet browsing, email gateways, etc.
• Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) operations like certificate generation, renewal, revocation, etc.
• Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems and troubleshooting skills of issues related to endpoint security.
In addition to good understanding of common networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, TLS, SMTP, etc.
• Provide first level response outside office hours and second level Support during working hours for Systems Security such
as endpoint security, host-based firewall, device control, application whitelisting, PKI operations, etc.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems following the established procedures, guidelines within established
• Provide first level response during and outside office hours for Network Security services such as network access
controls, security checks for email releasing, Multifactor authentication tokens requests, Internet browsing (proxy) covering
URL filtering, SSL inspection, file scanning, etc.
• Conduct regular preventative hardware/software maintenance procedures for systems to avoid potential risks interruption
of infrastructure security operations and deal with Network Operation Center (NOC) alerts. In addition to ensure regular
updates on ICT Asset Inventory and follow ICT policies and standards for asset deployment, commissioning,
decommissioning, and write-off.
• Review and Validate service requests to ensure that all mandatory approvals have been provided to meet audit
requirements and within SLA limits.
• Provide the required support in response to security incidents/evidence collection tasks to help identify abnormal activities
and attacks, if any.
• Degree in Computer Science, IT technical Diploma or related discipline
• 5 + years technical experience with Systems/Network Security such as endpoint security protection, whitelisting solutions,
file sandboxing, certificates creation, device controls, Proxy solutions, email gateway solutions, etc.
• Recognized information security certification such as MCSE, CCNA, or CCNP is a plus.
• Familiarity with current information security best practices and standards such as ISO, NIST, etc.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English with good communication skills.