Job ID 32811
Offered Salary 3458
Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Customer Services (CS) covers customer service in different areas such as technical support, account support, operations, maintenance, network design / deployment / integration / transformation, and education. Generates revenue and the increase of customer satisfaction through planning, designing, deploying, integrating, optimising, operating, and maintaining phases.
Managed Services (MSE) is responsible for keeping the network running and proposing / conducting network upgrades based on business requirements. Covers technical managing and operating of agreed components of IT and telecommunications services provided to end users of Nokia customers, within contracts agreed with those customers.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated solutions for the configuration and management of IP-based network devices.
- Develop and deploy scripts to automate routine network tasks, configurations, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Collaborate with network engineering teams to identify areas for automation that enhance network performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Implement automation strategies to optimize resource utilization and reduce manual intervention in network operations.
- Implement and manage configuration management tools to ensure consistency and compliance across the network infrastructure.
- Develop and enforce standard configuration templates for network devices.
Monitoring and Analysis:
- Implement automated monitoring solutions to proactively identify and address network performance issues.
- Analyze network traffic patterns and optimize configurations to improve overall network efficiency.
- Work closely with security teams to integrate security policies and measures into automated network workflows.
- Implement security automation scripts to enhance network security posture and respond to security incidents.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of network automation processes, scripts, and configurations.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to team members on the use and maintenance of network automation tools.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand network requirements and implement automation solutions accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management to provide updates on network automation initiatives.
- Review the alarm plans for different vendors to enable them in Auto ticketing tool
- Analyze the ticket history and propose use case correlation within & inter-domain (advance correlation), for instance, RAN & Infra, RAN & TXN, etc.
- Propose and create a use case to build automation in service assurance. Esp. on auto recovery agents, auto-dispatch, KPI-based ticketing, Health checks
- Create MOP for the proposed use case
- Participating in technical meetings for projects/Sprints
- Inputs and verification of design documentation
- Executing User Acceptance testing (UAT) in the lower environment
- Executing Operational Readiness testing (ORT) once it is deployed in production.
- Report defects and get this fixed for the sign-off.
Impact is short-term and departmental/project in scope. Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Actions and errors can have functional area impact.
Scope & Contribution
Individual Contributor: Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility, Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving. Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Makes decisions that affect own work. Managerial/Supervisory: May act as Team Leader or Project Leader with some direct supervisory responsibilities in addition to own work assignments. Variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility. Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Makes decisions that affect own work.
Performs routine activites to meet departmental/project objectives. Requires moderate supervision. Applies commonly recognised concepts within their field of expertise. Shares knowledge with less experienced peers or have high collegial interaction. Raises innovative ideas. Demonstrates adaptability to changing business environments. Is willing to take on new roles or jobs appropriate to skill set in different environments and/or locations.
Works to influence others to accept job functions view/practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches. May conduct briefings with senior leaders within the job function. May at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues. Has cross-cultural knowledge and global mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Network Automation Specialist or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, technologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages such as Python, Ansible, or similar.
- Experience with network automation tools and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Telecom and ISP experience will be preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent certification.
- Familiarity with Software-Defined Networking (SDN) concepts and automation.
- Experience with cloud networking and automation in cloud environments.
- Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Fortinet knowledge will be an added advantage.
If you are a proactive and technically proficient individual with a passion for automating network operations, we invite you to apply and contribute to the advancement of our cutting-edge network infrastructure.
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work
What we offer
Nokia offers continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
ABOUT THE TEAM
|As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.