Job ID 32720
Offered Salary 4107
Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Mission Resolution Analyst is responsible for the monitoring and execution of customer recovery programs as it relates to flight delays (departure/arrivals), cancellation and denied boarding of customers on the assigned flights/routes and decides on the compensation/recovery that are due to customers/bookings involving the impacted flights.
In addition, this position is responsible for:
- Review/Manage the assigned customer recovery cases.
- Complete resolution of assigned cases involving the operating carriers (AC Family).
- Investigate and respond to customer claims (per legal/court requirements) under any regulation/body the company complies with.
The Mission Resolution Analyst researches and responds to department stakeholders intending to accurately determine the compensation/recovery applicable under regulations or company policy while protecting the company’s interests.
The Mission Resolution Analyst is part of the Customer Relations Regulatory Team within the Customer Care and Recovery portfolio at Air Canada.
These positions being recruited for will be domiciled from bases in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary.
- Analyze, investigate, and interpret flight operational data from multiple sources to determine the compensation that should be awarded or have been awarded against an incident and/or individual customer files.
- Oversee adequate resolution to consumer complaints in accordance with tariff and conditions of carriage, and prepare and execute settlement offers.
- Identify compensation due to an affected customer based on the applicable regulatory regimes and or defined recovery policies.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the Canadian Transportation Agency, and all other governing agencies.
- Determine recommendations/decisions on compensation amounts for flight delays and cancellations based on appropriate regulations and/or defined customer recovery policies.
- Communicate with concerned Parties/Stakeholders for applicable compensation/customer recovery decisions/directives.
- Identify and escalate to the relevant internal stakeholder (Regulatory, Customer Care, Legal, IFS, etc.) the possible need for additional/proactive compensation/recovery processes to mitigate any compliance risks.
- Work collaboratively with the internal stakeholders, including but not limited to the operational teams and Legal, to understand:
- The operational framework to support compliance with APPR, EC261, and other passenger rights legislation worldwide (ie Israel, etc.) that the company must comply.
- The framework for tarmac delay regimes in Canada, the US, China, and other jurisdictions as they develop.
- Provide decision on controllability for all flights for compensation purposes, findings on whether other obligations were met, and steps taken to mitigate, if relevant.
- Develop, compile, prepare, track and report on incident and compensation awards and develop tracking reports to report out as necessary.
- Research and respond to the Canadian Transportation Agency, National Enforcement Boards, and other regulators when required.
- Liaise with Legal to discuss more complex cases and decisions on controllability.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders to provide all relevant information pertaining to cases that become litigated, along with results of investigation on fact gathering.
- Investigate, prepare documentation, and provide all relevant information to AC Legal pertaining to cases that become litigated.
- Investigate and respond to the Canadian Transportation Agency for facilitation and communication of requested documents and delay/cancellation-related information, ensuring Air Canada meets its tariffs, conditions of carriage, and the Canadian/International regulatory standards and laws.
- Receive and investigate Spain court cases and the Spain regulatory board cases, providing AC Legal with the details and deadlines for each case and, as directed, settle cases or provide documentation to the external council for their handling.
- Engage in mediation with passengers in view of resolving their complaint as assigned.
- Review and investigate resourcing requests from Customer Relations ensuring accuracy of case handling and providing guidance Compile and complete monthly Customer Relations Submission to Transport Canada.
- Monitor trends and identify opportunities to improve customer recovery processes.
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries, updating program stakeholders on all affected files and as required justify/defend decisions made.
- Maintain current and accurate records of assigned portfolio.
- Timely and consistent communications on all open cases with program stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College/University Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum 12 months customer care and recovery experience gained within the travel industry (preferably airline)
- Experience with dealing with government and or regulatory compliance would be an asset
- Experience or training in mediation would be an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and assimilate technical/statutory terms into easy-to-understand terms across the department’s customer base (internal/external)
- Ability to identify problems and understand the impact of decisions being made on the customer and the company
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is a requirement to ensure the successful candidate manipulates large datasets, creates pivot tables for data analysis, and uses these to highlight trends as needed
- Highly proficient with the MS Office Suite of software products (Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Proficiency in MS Dynamics is an asset
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage a multi-task workload
- Attentive to detail and demonstrated passion for quality in customer service
- Ability to distill complex regulation into manageable operational outputs
- Working knowledge of Air Canada systems would be an asset
- Understanding of Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR), European Regulations 261/2004 (EU) and other air travel regulations would be an asset
- Self-motivated and assertive
- A commitment to teamwork, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
Working Conditions :
- The position will be working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Requiring the ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to changes.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.