Job ID 30468
Offered Salary 3377
Career Level Executive
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking Natural Gas Economist & Strategist to work part of the technical team of the Gas Strategy & Technical Support Department under the Gas Development Admin Department arm of the Petroleum Engineering & Development Admin Area under Upstream Business Line.
As a Natural Gas Economist & Strategist specialist, you will be responsible for conducting economic analysis and research on the natural gas market, including supply, demand, prices, regulations, and policies. You will provide insights and recommendations to support the company’s business development strategy and identify new opportunities for growth and profitability in the natural gas sector. In addition, you will be responsible to evaluate the impact of various factors on the natural gas market, such as weather, geopolitics, regulations, technology, competition, and consumer behavior.
- Collect, process, and analyze data and information on the natural gas industry, using various sources and methods such as databases, reports, surveys, models, and software.
- Monitor and forecast the trends and dynamics of the natural gas market, including supply and demand drivers, price movements, market structure, competition, energy transition and regulatory changes.
- Evaluate the economic feasibility and profitability of potential natural gas projects, such as exploration, production, transportation, storage, distribution, export and generate NPVs, IRRs and other economic yardsticks
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis and risk assessment of various natural gas scenarios and strategies, considering technical, environmental, social, and political factors.
- Prepare and present clear and concise reports, charts, tables, dashboards and presentations to communicate the results of the economic analysis and research to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management and business development teams on natural gas market opportunities and challenges.
- Collaborate with other economists, analysts, engineers, consultants, and experts in the natural gas industry to exchange information and share best practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and innovations in the natural gas sector and related fields such as energy economics, environmental economics, and climate change.
- Knowledge of the natural gas industry and its fundamentals, such as production methods, transportation systems, storage options, market structures, pricing mechanisms, and regulatory frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in petroleum engineering, economics, finance, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree or PhD in economics or energy economics is preferred.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in the natural gas industry or energy sector. Experience in business development or project management is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural gas market and its key drivers, challenges, opportunities, and risks.
- Proficient in economic modeling, forecasting, and analysis tools and techniques. Experience in using software to develop economical models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex economic concepts and findings in a clear and concise manner to various audiences.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and analytical thinking. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market conditions and business needs. Willingness to travel as needed.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.