Job ID 33465
Offered Salary 4228
Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
- Work across a broad range of exciting new initiatives such as leading the successful delivery of fit-for-purpose Fatigue Risk Management Programs and Systems
- Challenge yourself in this diverse role to help implement change
- Full-time permanent role based in Mascot, Sydney (other locations within Australia will also be considered)
Today, we’re busy planning for tomorrow. We look to the future to guide the way we innovate, helping us stay relevant and responsive in an unpredictable industry. We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, ensuring we make a contribution to taking the organisation forward.
Working within Qantas Group Health and Human Performance Services, the Principal Fatigue Specialist is responsible for providing Fatigue, Sleep Health, Fatigue Risk Management expertise, advice, innovation and support to Cabin Crew across all Qantas Group.
The role provides specialist advice to ensure successful delivery of a fit-for-purpose Fatigue Risk Management (FRMP) for Cabin Crew. You will be integrating fatigue risk management requirements into safety management and business activities, including fatigue management in operational and people safety risk assessments, design and procurement, change management, job/task design, selection and training, investigations, audits, fatigue studies and safety reporting/data analysis. They are also required to carry out risk-based training needs analyses and develop and implement fatigue, sleep health and fatigue risk management training and assessment materials.
With exciting new opportunities including ‘Project Sunrise’ on the horizon – you will partner to develop a first of its kind study program for Cabin Crew and also build our in-house study capability over time. The Principal Fatigue Specialist will be required to assist in the design and collection of fatigue and sleep data within scientific data collection studies, and the interpretation of scientific data to assist in the development of risk management strategies to mitigated fatigue physiological performance impairment for both Flight Crew and Cabin Crew, alongside academic institutions.
- Minimum 5 years applied experience in fatigue risk management
- Tertiary qualifications in human factors, psychology, fatigue risk management or a related discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements in the aviation industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the use of bio-mathematical fatigue modelling tools, fatigue data collection processes and analysis, and interpretation of fatigue impairment performance physiological factors.
- Broad knowledge and experience in fatigue risk management, human factors and safety management systems.
- Organisational experience in the application of fatigue risk management and/or human factors principles and initiatives to improve operational safety and efficiency.
- Experience integrating fatigue risk management into safety management systems.
- Experience and qualifications in training design, development and delivery.
- Operational experience within a high-risk industry (preferably aviation) as a safety professional.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build constructive and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to business improvement and willingness to support change and ‘make things happen’.
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including up to 18 weeks paid parental leave and additional purchased leave options.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member today and start earning Qantas Points. You could use your points to reward yourself with flight rewards, upgrades, hotels, car hire, and more. Join for free and save A$99.50.
Applications close: Tuesday, 6th of February 2024