Job ID 32799
Offered Salary 3458
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
India and 3 more (Hybrid)
The team you will be part of
Enterprise Products Engineering in CNS achieves business growth and delivers world class SW through these Customer focused, High Performing R&D teams, including 4LS/NPI for the following applications:
- GSM-R / FRMCS
- Nokia Core Enterprise Solutions – NCES
- NFaaS / WING
The Enterprise Products team empowers CSPs & Enterprises to monetize the evolving opportunities of ‘5G economy’, relentlessly delivering value. Enterprise Products Engineering achieves business growth through creating a high-performing, customer focused, empowered global R&D team; delivering y-o-y improvements in quality, feature delivery speed, operations serviceability, and application innovation.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Testing for Enterprise Products Engineering will be responsible for overall Quality Assurance & Testing of all products in this portfolio to ensure that releases are telco grade & of the highest quality that Nokia customers expect.
- Develop and execute the overall product testing strategy aligned with CNS business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including PLM, Engineering, Delivery and Support teams, to ensure seamless integration of testing processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of skilled testing professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and collaboration within the testing team.
- Define clear goals and expectations for team members, ensuring optimal performance and professional growth.
- Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive testing methodologies and processes.
- Stay current with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in testing, and incorporate them into the testing strategy.
- Establish and enforce quality assurance standards to guarantee the delivery of high-quality products.
- Work closely with development teams to identify and address quality issues early in the development process.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of automation tools and frameworks to streamline testing processes.
- Evaluate and select appropriate testing tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for the testing team and regularly report on the team’s performance.
- Implement metrics-driven decision-making processes to continually improve testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand product requirements and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Act as a bridge between different teams to facilitate communication and alignment on quality goals.
Parameters for success (KPIs):
- Release timeliness
- New Customer defects (NCDR)
- Open faults on dev trunk
- Timely assessment of security vulnerabilities
- Usability/upgrade time
- Confirmed Outages – product attributable
- Customer Satisfaction (CES Positivity)
- OPEX & FPO
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a product testing environment.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- People agility – solid people/team coach, adaptable, authentic, and inclusive leader who leads with a purpose
- Sound business understanding at CNS business units level and Nokia business groups level (business drivers, portfolio, financial/commercial planning/controlling)
- Knowledgeable of CNS portfolio & Nokia portfolio, and business environment
- Proven track record in delivering strong financial results in key projects
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work
What we offer
Nokia offers continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
ABOUT THE TEAM
|As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.