Job ID 29786
Offered Salary 4066
Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
AREA OF INTERESTSales – Product
Who You’ll Work With
The Managed Service GTM Sales Acceleration Team is passionate about working with our channel partners to drive short, mid and long-term sales strategy and successful sales execution of Cisco-based Managed Service offers via Programs and Initiatives that helps to shorten the sales Lifecyle.
Who You Are
- You are a self-motivated and highly results-oriented professional with a proven track record of driving Learning and Development, Training and Accelerating Sales in the IT industry.
- You have strong solution, business insight, critical thinking, and analytical skills. You have extensive experience in leading or driving Trainings, Programs, Sales, Partner Management or Product business and have a proven track record in growing the business exponentially.
- You have excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship-building skills. You are able to work effectively in a matrixed organization and collaborate with multiple teams and customers.
- You are passionate about technology and innovation, and have a deep understanding of Cisco’s portfolio and value proposition.
- Understanding of MSP/SP business models, relationship building and capturing partner thought.
- Awareness of MSP/SP Industry trends, addressable market, competitive dynamics, skills requirement and ability to evaluate the applicability of this with partner catalogue and network service offerings.
- Knowledge of Cisco portfolio, Expertise in understand the Managed Security market landscape is good to have.
- Experience with crafting specific Learning and Development plans with set list of partners around their managed services offerings by collaborating with partners and Cisco extended teams to drive Go-To-Market engagement.
- Ensure timely communication and learning (product, programs, and buying models) updates to partners for each relevant technology and architecture area within managed solutions.
- Promote partner service offerings and voice-of-the-partner back into Cisco Sales & Channels organizations.
- Ability to drive program management and governance for the service offering launch & activities to pipelines to bookings and governance of the ordering processes.
- Adept at delivering “one to many” sales enablement presentations (live or virtually)
- Able to build campaigns to recruit new MSPs into Cisco Provider Partner programs.
- 6+ years total work experience at a top technology company in a sales enablement and strategy role.
- Formal education and instructional design experience.
- Experience in content creation, correlation, packaging and delivery.
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
- Experience with a mix of cloud, SaaS and managed services business models across a range of technical domains; direct experience in network, security, data center and applications a plus.
- Excellent presentation and program management skills.
- Spanish language proficiency strongly desired, but not required
What You’ll Do:
- Capacity: ability to influence and provide competitive positioning support, creativity to develop compelling learning and development syllabus and programs to accelerate the sales with the partners and Cisco as well as product and technology support.
- Capability: You will be responsible for developing enablement initiatives based on identified focus areas within the jointly developed partner plans. S/he will then provide support with learning and development plans, and accelerate to drive partners to achieving those sales targets
- Competency: this candidate will use available programs to ensure that Cisco is able to drive the right sales behaviours across the entire Cisco portfolio of technology solutions. The successful candidate will work with each partner executive team and proactively develop the partners’ Cisco competencies.
- Collaborative: ability to Partner with the In-Theatre MSP/SP PAMs, Cross Functional team as required with the objective of driving 1 unified successful outcome with that Partner.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.