Job ID 32927
Offered Salary 3701
Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Product Security Engineer
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Product Security Engineer on our Product and Application Security team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Security Engineer on Dell’s Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT), you will help identify and resolve vulnerabilities in Dell products. Are you excited by the idea of understanding the root causes of security vulnerabilities to help secure future products and applications? Do you enjoy working with the overall information security community and bringing that knowledge back to others? Do you believe that Product Security isn’t just interpreting scan results but building security into your development culture? This may be the role for you.
- Perform analysis on vulnerability reports submitted by researchers, customers and Dell employees, and work with engineering teams to verify the issues and their fixes
- Work with product development teams to evaluate the impact of vulnerabilities to Dell products and applications, including technical severity and end-user impact
- Communicate with security researchers, research organizations, vendors and coordination centers on issues relating to security vulnerabilities in Dell products and applications
- Apply Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) vectors to security vulnerabilities and map them to industry categories such as Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) and OWASP Top 10
- Perform technical reviews of Security Advisories and other communications related to vulnerability disclosure and remediation
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 6+ years of related experience, specifically in Product & Application Security, Product Development with a security focus or Product Security Incident Response
- In-depth knowledge of CVSSv3, CWE, OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS TOP 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors
- Understanding of modern software development practices
- Understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) practices such as threat modeling, security testing and code reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in security incident response preferred
- SANS/GIAC, CSSLP certifications preferred
Who we are
We believe that each of us has the power to make an impact. That’s why we put our team members at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career with some of the best minds and most advanced tech in the industry, we’re looking for you.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps individuals and organizations transform how they work, live and play. Join us to build a future that works for everyone because Progress Takes All of Us.
Application closing date: 28th December 2023
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.