Job ID 27278
Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Geophysical Surveyor to join Geophysical Imaging Department.
The Geophysical Imaging Department is an organisation that supports Saudi Aramco exploration and development programs through providing timely quality geophysical solutions focusing on subsurface images and quality of reservoirs and prospects.
The Geophysical Surveyor would be involved in delivering geomatics support for geophysical data acquisition projects; supervising contractor’s surveying and positioning activities; populating corporate databases with positioning related data; providing technical expertise in positioning and mapping of geophysical surface positions and delivering survey support for positioning exploration drilling locations.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
• Provide geomatics support for geophysicists and exploration specialists in planning and delivering geophysical surveys.
• Complete geodetic survey calculations, and provide related GNSS expertise.
• Provide survey data quality assurance.
• Perform GIS mapping and GIS data management, support the population and querying of corporate databases.
• Test and evaluate new survey technologies.
• Support and review survey related contractual specifications.
• Supervise, lead and train junior surveyors in surveying and mapping activities.
• As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor or higher degree in Surveying or Geomatics. Alternative acceptable disciplines in conjunction with work experience would include Geodesy or GIS.
• A minimum of 15 years in geophysical surveys or relevant experience. Years of field work and exposure to recent related technologies is needed.
• Expertise could be with either a geophysical service provider or a major oil and gas company. Ideally the successful candidate will have worked as a senior contractor representative, energy company consultant or technical expert.
• A strong proven track record in seismic and non-seismic survey data positioning and associated GIS mapping.
• Able to conduct and manage geophysical surveying and mapping – both independently and within a team.
• English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.