Job ID 25326
Offered Salary 1000
Experience 4 Years
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Organizes together with the team shifting in the section with regard to mise en place production and its service
- Guide the team during the daily operations
- Maintains good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Ensures that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended
- Works to the specifications received by the Chef de Cuisine regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Coordinate all Banquet and food production
- Check all set-ups for banquet functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
- Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimize waste and spoilage
- Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel’s quality standards specifications
- Is responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Attends daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef
- Checks the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Ensures All the hygiene records are maintained and adhere to all the hygiene trainings and pre set SOP
- Passes all information to the next shift about functions
- Maintain proper controls over purchase orders and requisitions
- Monitor monthly food inventory turnover and slow moving items
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled
- Checks on Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g personal hygiene.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long hours
- Excellent leadership & supervisory skills with a “hands-on” approach
- At least four year in a five star international chain hotel/restaurant
- At least one year in an international five star hotel/ restaurant in similar position
- Sound knowledge about all kinds of cooking techniques and methods
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.