Job ID 29782
Offered Salary 3349
Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
AREA OF INTERESTEngineer – Hardware
TECHNOLOGY INTERESTInternet of Everything
At Cisco, Bangalore, the Common Hardware Group (CHG) architects, designs, builds, and delivers world-class Access, Edge, Aggregation, and Core routers that cater to the growing bandwidth demands of leading service providers and large enterprises.
As Signal and Power Integrity Engineer in this team of outstanding engineers from a diverse group of backgrounds, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering system-level signal and power integrity solutions for large sophisticated high-speed systems, boards & packages.
- Develop SI rules, review design implementation, build test plans, and document characterization & measurement reports.
- Improve & optimize design margins through interconnect, timing and crosstalk analysis, 3D EM & channel simulations for high-speed designs.
- Design & characterize test structures & channel models to correlate simulations with measurements for Serdes and interconnects.
-Collaborate with multi-functional teams – HW, PCB Layout, SW, MFG, ASIC.
- Be responsible for electrical characterization and verification of Transmitter/Receiver SERDES settings to meet the industry standards and internal Cisco requirements.
What we ask of you:
- Expertise in EM and transmission line concepts, timing, jitter, crosstalk, noise, channel modeling, channel equalization techniques, power delivery & decoupling.
-Experience with 112G, 56G PAM4, 25G & 10G NRZ Serdes technologies, and DDR – simulation, bring up, debug, measurements, and optimization.
-Thorough working knowledge of PCB stack-up design – standard processes, performance vis-à-vis PCB materials, surface finishes, vendor capabilities, and manufacturing trade-offs.
- Exposure to lab measurements including real-time scope, sampling scope, Spectrum analyzer, VNA & TDR.
- Proficiency with simulation and analysis tools like ADS, HFSS, HSPICE, Sisoft QSI, QCD, Cadence Allegro, PowerSI, MATLAB, and Hyperlynx.
- Ability to interpret JEDEC, PCI-SIG, IEEE,OIF, and ITU standards.
- Detailed outstanding teammate mentality with a desire to share knowledge and best practices, mentor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and capability to present concepts, analysis, and updates to larger teams and forums.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering,
- 5 +yrs of demonstrated ability in hardware design with emphasis on Signal and Power Integrity
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) And only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take differences to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.