Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
JOB SUMMARYAs a member of the Marriott’s Financial Reporting and Analysis team, the Senior Accountant will have a dual reporting relationship with a solid line to the Manager, Consolidated P&L team and a dotted line to the Senior Manager, Equity and Cash Flow Reporting team. This highly motivated individual will have a wide range of responsibilities supporting several key systems, reporting & accounting functions, and analytical activities. The position will provide exposure to many aspects of Marriott through reporting and analysis of actual and forecasted results.
The primary responsibilities of this position includes supporting the forecasting and actual reporting processes as follows:
- Assist in preparing Marriott International’s consolidated financial reports and analytical schedules, including forecasts, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Perform validation checks to ensure congruency of reporting systems and research and resolve unusual activities and balances.
- Prepare workpaper documentation, ensuring that key controls are documented. Complete and maintain close files including formal work papers/tie-outs, including earnings per share.
- Prepare bridges and analysis for select financial statement lines. Collaborate with other groups including Corporate Financial Accounting, Finance Business Partners, and others. Ensure that incoming schedules agree to the financial statements, and explanation provided are reasonable and complete.
- Prepare /distribute Forecast Reporting and Analytical packages to senior and executive management.
- Assist in reviewing/maintaining the list of risks and opportunities for assigned financial statement lines.
- Utilize/Modify SmartView and Peoplesoft queries to support financial reporting and analytical activities.
- Assist with Chartfield and Dimension maintenance requests and review metadata changes.
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules, including proactively respond to auditor questions, and resolve audit issues.
- Maintain FR&A files to support the forecast and close processes.
- Assist in updating and maintaining job aids, internal controls, and other process documentation.
- Assist in preparing non-GAAP reports and analysis and other special reporting and analytical projects as assigned.
- Assist with stock accounting and reporting, including preparing outstanding shares calculations and accounting for treasury stock repurchases
- At least two or more years of related accounting experience.
- Public accounting, audit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles.
· Strong Microsoft Excel and modeling skills.
- Knowledge of Hyperion and / or PeopleSoft system and experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong customer relations skills. Customer service orientation.
- Ability to plan effectively, work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High degree of initiative; self-motivated and flexible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA-candidate preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|