Job ID 25151
Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Cisco is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Product Marketing , specifically focused on AI, Observability, and Applications – an over $1B product portfolio. This role requires deep understanding of the DevOps lifecycle, Modern Distributed Applications, Application Security and the underlying hybrid and multi-cloud infrastructures required to support great digital experiences. In addition, as a marketer it requires a balanced blend of product marketing, team leadership and talent development, and creative storytelling If you are a master storyteller with a passion for leadership, making a meaningful impact, and motivating change, this is your chance to make a difference.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be collaborating closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, and other Marketing teams to identify challenges, and design and build solutions that advance the long-term strategy of the business. You will also be engaging with customers regularly to both ensure our view of their needs is as clear and accurate as possible. We are a dynamic, fast-paced team and to be successful is this high-stakes role, you will need to navigate and prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives and be comfortable with leading through ambiguity and shifting priorities. This high visibility role will reward the right leader with invaluable opportunities to make a meaningful impact with the Strategy, Incubations and Applications group, and Cisco at large.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a leader in the SI&A Product Marketing team, you will be spearheading various initiatives such as development of positioning and messaging, amplification of product and platform innovations through launches and announcements, creation of content at the product and solution level, development of tools for sales enablement and strategic efforts with analysts and market influencers to align our product and GTM strategy with the needs of our customers.
– Develop a deep understanding of Cisco’s AI’s capabilities, the dynamic market landscape, and changing customer demands
– Leading cross-functional teams in crafting and socializing aligned AI marketing plans that focus on the benefits and outcomes
– Collaborate with product management, sales, and marketing teams to develop effective go-to-market plans
– Create impactful product messaging that’s clear, compelling, and highlights the unique value and true potential of AI
– Develop strategic marketing plans, product and solution messaging, and positioning, leveraging a deep understanding of customers, decision-makers, and buying center dynamics.
– Become a recognized and respected thought leader who generates mindshare and influences thinking around full stack observability, application security and the technology and processes required to support platform engineering efforts at scale, by authoring blogs and whitepapers, collaborating on lead generation and upsell and cross-sell campaigns, and building and sharing thought provoking content at customer events, conferences, webinars, and sales meetings.
– Thoroughly understand market segments, their needs, buyer personas and their journeys.
– Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to define and develop compelling messaging, effective value propositions, use cases, and overall content targeting customers, decision-makers, and other audiences such as analysts, press, sellers, and partners.
– Work with the public relations team and drive the quality and process on key announcements and press releases.
– Collaborate with the analyst relations team on key reports and marquee analyst coverage, own and drive the quality and results of the process and develop meaningful relations with key industry analysts.
– Develop and maintain a deep understanding of market dynamics, competitive landscape, and go-to-market strategies in target markets and target audiences.
– Plan and drive global launches with the extended GTM ecosystem.
– Work closely with the product management team to understand and influence the development of our network security solutions.
– Drive seller enablement and marketing programs content related to new solutions in partnership with sales enablement teams.
– Evangelize Full Stack Observability, Application Security, and the Cisco “Reimagine Apps” vision at industry events.
WHO YOU ARE
– A master storyteller, you are passionate about product marketing, and developing your team to achieve meaningful business results.
– Experience with enterprise AI technologies
– You are comfortable interacting with senior management and peers and serving as their go to thought partner.
– You have a solid understanding of and experience in leading product marketing for network security.
– Your prior roles were in a fast-paced environment leading product marketing managers of teams.
– Analytical with a creative mind, able to juggle many projects, and manage expectations across multiple stakeholders.
– Process driven to address strategic challenges.
– Fast learner, able to understand new technologies and process changes.
– Can synthesize strategic inputs from multiple diverse sources, including product and sales teams.
– Flexible and adaptable to shift strategies and tactics when required.
– Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management.
– Love to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done!
Bachelors degree +15 years of related experience or Masters +8 years of related experience
Extensive enterprise AI technologies experience
10+ years of product marketing leadership experience in enterprise applications, software platforms, application security
10+ years of leadership experience in prominent Tech Companies
7+ years of software experience