Job ID 32868
Offered Salary 3742
Career Level Executive
Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title : SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Reference Code : EC-2007151
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
The Telecommunication Services Senior Systems Engineer primary role to designs, validate, develops, and implements
state-of-the-art telecommunications technology architectures and solutions for optimal availability, resiliency, and scalability
of telecommunication infrastructure to integrate and deliver telecommunication applications and services across the
corporation. The incumbent logistically and technically coordinates and works with ICT divisions/units, corporate project
managers, and external entities to deliver services and meet projected milestones in addition to an integral role in
operation, management, and support of related systems.
Experience & Skills
• Expert level of technical hands-on experience in implementation and operation of systems related to following
technologies: SDH/PDH, DWDM, Microwave, Fibre Optics cables monitoring, CCTV, PAGA, ACS, Radios and NMS
(Network Management System).
• Excellent up-to-date knowledge of SDH/PDH, DWDM, Microwave, Fibre Optics cables monitoring and NMS, solutions and
• 10+ years of progressive combined technical experience in Telecommunication Systems, related standards, and protocols
with a minimum of 7+ years professional hands-on experience in design, operation and support of complex
telecommunication systems preferably related to the Oil and Gas industry and standards.
• Experience with telecommunication infrastructure hardware installation, configuration, knowledge of IP convergence
systems and services, service provider telecommunication systems, Microwave implementation and services, emerging
infrastructure services, and general industrial-grade telecommunication technologies and systems.
• Accountable for installation, commissioning, and operation of scalable telecommunications infrastructure technologies to
integrate and support current and future telecommunication services, in compliance with established corporate guidelines to
facilitate operational services.
• Prepare, review and provide technical feedback on assigned technical documentation related to telecommunication
services by assessment and alignment of defined project plan, specification, or statement of work with division vision and
plans for development and implementation of ICT services to ensure and maintain a QatarEnergy wide homogeneous
• Forecast, plan and prepare telecommunication infrastructure related BOQ and purchase requisitions by conducting
meticulous review of assigned active related projects to ensure efficient, cost effective, and on-schedule implementation of
projects and delivery of related telecommunication services.
• Secure ICT telecommunication infrastructure assets and records by application of established division controls and
guidelines to preserve section infrastructure investments and ensure to maintain a safe, highly available 24×7
telecommunication network environment for business and critical industrial grade services.
• Enhancement and development of structured copper and fiber cabling plants standards and techniques to enable delivery
and distribution of telecommunication services.
• Strong Project management skills and ability to plan, execute, track and report progress for multiple projects.
• Technical knowledge in IP Telephony services, TCP/IP suite, SCADA and industrial telecommunications systems.
• Analytical and methodical thought process skills for analyzing complex technical issues, making sound engineering
decisions and executing effective actions.
• Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to write technical blueprints, high and low level design
documents, standards, processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
• Ability to supervise and work closely and effectively with other engineers and focal points from various departments across
• Ability to collect, analyze and report relevant detailed telecommunication equipment technical logs, and data in reference
to reported incidents.
• Provide technical conclusions, and suitable recommendations towards resolution of reported incidents based on analyzed
technical data in a timely manner.
• Apply assigned technical recommendations and procedures as preventive or corrective measures related to sustained
fault-free operation and update of telecommunication systems.
A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or an
equivalent Engineering field.