Job ID 30466
Offered Salary 2823
Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Subsurface Well Completion Engineer Specialist to work part of the technical team of the Gas Strategy & Technical Support Department under the Gas Development Admin Department arm of the Petroleum Engineering & Development Admin Area under Upstream Business Line.
As a completion engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating the design, planning and assess the installation of well completions in non-associated gas wells (onshore/offshore). You will work closely with other disciplines such as drilling, reservoir, production and geology to optimize the placement and select the optimum completion method for the recovery of hydrocarbons from the reservoir.
You will also lead Upstream oil and gas Advanced Well Completion trial tests for offshore and onshore wells in the areas of Intelligent Completions, Inflow Control Devices, OH and Cased hole Multistage Fracturing and Sand Control. You will be working with a group of reservoir engineers in specific tasks and studies such as a new field development, a new technology trial test and participate in the company engineering standard review and the development of young professionals.
You will also be involved in research and development activities related to Well Completion. You will stay updated on the latest industry trends, standards, and regulations related to well completion. You will conduct literature reviews, experiments, tests, or trials on new hydraulic fracturing techniques, materials, or equipment. You will document your findings and share them with your colleagues or clients.
You will report to the technical manager or supervisor. You will communicate effectively and clearly with different stakeholders in well completion studies, such as using appropriate terminology, formats, visuals, etc. You will collaborate constructively and respectfully with other engineers, geologists.
- Evaluate the design and select the appropriate well completion equipment and techniques for different reservoir conditions and objectives
- Prepare detailed completion programs and procedures for various well types such as vertical, horizontal, multilateral, fractured or stimulated wells
- Evaluate the execution of well completion operations on site or remotely, such as perforating, gravel packing, sand control, acidizing, hydraulic fracturing, coiled tubing, wireline or slickline interventions
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of well completions and recommend modifications or enhancements to improve productivity, injectivity or integrity
- Conduct engineering analysis and calculations to support well completion design and optimization
- Perform risk assessment and contingency planning for well completion operations
- Collaborate with other engineers, geoscientists, contractors and vendors to ensure alignment of objectives and deliverables
- Prepare technical reports, presentations and documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct research and development on new technologies, methods or best practices for well completion engineering
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and trends in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor of science in petroleum engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 15 years of experience petroleum engineering organization with 10 years of relevant experience in well completion engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of well completion equipment, techniques and operations
- Knowledge of reservoir engineering, production engineering, drilling engineering and geology
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry standards, regulations and best practices
- Proficient in using well completion software tools such as WellCat, Prosper, Eclipse or Petrel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Basic Knowledge of Reservoir Engineering.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.