Job ID 29787
Offered Salary 3458
Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
AREA OF INTERESTEngineer – Software
TECHNOLOGY INTERESTSoftware Development
Who we are
This is an excellent opportunity to join the UCS Fabric Interconnect Team in Datacenter Group that is focused on building next generation data center networking solutions. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start up like environment.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of an experienced team working on next generation Data Center products. Successful candidate will work in a very sophisticated environment and will get plenty of opportunities to gain technical expertise in a number of areas.
Who You Are
You have hands-on experience in software development for complex Data Center Networking systems. You are strong in Data Center technologies and have expertise in the area of Networking with focus on Data Center.
- BS/MS CS/EE degree and 10-15 years of strong hands-on development experience in Data Center Networking products.
- Strong background in Networking (Layer 2 Ethernet switching/forwarding, Multicast, IGMP Snooping) and Data Center virtualization.
- Exposure to ASIC Forwarding (L2/L3) pipeline and corresponding programming aspects
- Good exposure to development and design methodologies, embedded software development is a must.
- Proficient in programming in C/C++ and linux environments. Proven ability to lead teams and mentor team members technically and build technical competency.
Highly desirable Skills/Experience
- Exposure to programming in Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS)
- Experience with Linux (Bare Metal /Virtualized) and VMware operating environments.
- Exposure to Layer 3 Switching/Routing/VxLAN
- Good understanding of Data Center Networking and Storage products.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage competing high priority tasks.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, and have fun!
- Independent, Accountable, Strong sense of ownership, Assertive, Communicative, Accountable, Sense of urgency, and Flexible and adaptable
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.