Job ID 32803
Offered Salary 3823
Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Applied R&D (AR) consists of target-oriented research either with the goal of solving a particular problem / answering a specific question or for multi-discipline design, development, and implementation of hardware, software, and systems including maintenance support. Supplies techno-economic consulting to clients. AR work is characterised by its detailed and complex nature in order to systematically combine existing knowledge and practices to further developing and incrementally improving products, operational processes, and customer-specific feature development.
Software (SWA) comprises the definition, specification, and allocation of requirements from different sources utilising knowledge of systems engineering processes (specification & architecture). Contains processing of use case and feature requirements into conceptual models, operational scenarios, technical requirements, and functional description. Covers specification, design, implementation, and unit testing of Software (e.g. device drivers, microcode, hardware-related software & firmware) according to the requirements and architecture defined in the systems engineering process. Covers establishment and maintenance of Software Configuration Management (SCM) practices into software development projects, continuously building and integrating infrastructure tools and systems.
R&D Software Development Engineer for Network Management of Optics Division products including Photonic/WDM, Optical Transport, SDH/SONET.
Optics Network Management applications provides to the user the control of the network in terms of configuration (infrastructure, end to end services), fault supervision, performance monitoring.
Optics Network Management applications interface with the different Network Elements, provides friendly graphical User interface and implement algorithms and function to enable easier management of the network and OPEX reduction.
Optics Network Management applications are deployed all around the word in several hundreds of installations ranging from huge to small customers.
The SW development Engineer for Optics Network Management will be part of Development team and will provide contribution in new developments and maintenance of applications with the target to increase functionality and customer satisfaction.
Place Bangalore (India)
- Must be BE/BTech/Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong individual contributor with 4 to 8 years of experience in Software Development.
- Good domain knowledge in OTN, DWDM, SDH/SONET, Ethernet & GMPLS transport protocols.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java Enterprise platforms.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Spring MVC). Hands on with Spring framework, KAFKA/Zookeeper
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Familiarity in Containerization – docker is value add
Very good at English spoken/written
· Great passion and talent for high quality SW
· Motivated and never-give-up attitude to reach assigned goals in a very dynamic and competitive international environment.
· Solid and equilibrate person, able to properly face high pace development activity
· Self-organizing capabilities
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work
What we offer
Nokia offers continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
ABOUT THE TEAM
|The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition,
innovation, and technical expertise.